As you stop in Aarhus in Denmark, why not go to the amusement park Legoland in Billund?
This is what we have done and we don’t regret it at all! Contrary to what you may think, this is not only an amusement park for kids or a place dedicated to the the famous brick addicts. The park is wonderful and it really blows you away.
Before presenting it, here are some advice:
- Don’t leave the ship without any rain protection. In fact, our Danish guide explained it to us, there is no summer day without any shower. And this is what happened to us: mild temperatures (22°-23°C) but several showers.
- Choose the excursion by Costa Cruises. The fee for an adult ticket in the park is 329 Danish krones, i.e 45 Euro. If you add the cost of transport, i.e the cost of a taxi, it will cost you more than 90 Euro, which is the cost of the excursion. Besides you will feel unstressed as the return trip is 220 km.
- Time is appropriate for the visit: 5 hours. Wear comfortable shoes if you plan to visit the whole park!
- To have a snack there are plenty of restaurants or hot dog trucks.
- You can pay with Euro. So you don’t need to bring Danish krones. The exchange rate is the right one (no swindle) and change is in Danish krones.
Let’s discover the amusement park!
As soon as you enter the park, you enter the universe of Lego thanks to millions of small multicoloured bricks which decorate the park. It is said there are 60 million bricks.
When you visit Miniland, you overlook famous monuments from Denmark and other places in the world.
As the amusement park counts more than 50 attractions, read carefully the map to choose the ones you’re interested in and that are adapted to your kids’ age groups.
I advise you to ride with the suspended train that overlooks the park and thus enables you to discover the park.
Our favourite attraction was the aquarium in which Lego characters live with fish. You will have to queue for a while as the staff only allows visitors in small groups. In a glass tunnel le’ts admire sharks and other fish as manta rays…
Other attractions are worth it! There are strong sensation attractions such as the roller coaster in the king’s castle and others.
Such as a boat trip…
There are also penguins (real ones, not brick ones) and shops…
And if the weather’s fine, let’s go water fighting on one of the pirate ships. You’ll have a fit of the giggles!
In brief entertaining is everywhere. The amusement park claims for being environmental-friendly and for taking care of its visitors’ health because they use a lower quantity of pesticides thanks to some species of predator birds of pests.
Are you still hesitating?
Before leaving, what about a picture with Lego Friends?
Do you like Lego?